Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Designer Spotlight - See Denyse on YouTube

Remember how we mentioned that video shoot with Denyse in our last post? Well the video's are all finished and ready for watching!

Listen and watch as Denyse talks about her inspiration process, her newest collection for FreeSpirit called New Bedford, and why she is a FreeSpirit. 










Don't forget to leave a comment on our 10 Fun Facts post telling us what you have in common with Denyse to be entered to win 10 yards of New Bedford fabric!

Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

7 comments:

ferne said...

Like Denyse I have done lots of different things sewing and craft wise, but it all shows in my quilting. I always find a way to fit the things I love together and try lots of different techniques.

Linda said...

I love the sea too and the sherbet colors with black--I love to always use a little black in my quilt like her...I love the fresh modern look like her---I call it the happy look.....it lifts your spirit just working with fun colors...

Pam Chamberlin said...

Denyse's comments about her mother sewing for the kids reminds me of my own childhood. Sewing was just something that women did, whether they were particularly good at it or liked it or not. It was just something women and girls did. Denyse's collections remind me of those years when my mother made us dresses out of light cottons, and when I learned to sew myself, not self-consciously as a crafter or artist, just as part of growing up.

Marya said...

My life has been a patchwork of activities too and now I'm into patchworking fabric together. Denyse's new fabric collection is inspiring and the accompanying quilt pattern is even more so.

Virginia said...

I like finding inspiration in the past, I also feel nostalgia for earlier times and simplicdad. I'm always inspired by nature and its beauty. Denyse thanks for sharing, when I see your designs I feel bound to your creation.

Jeannie said...

Picnics on the beach are the best!

roseruby@mac.com

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with the DOT DOT Dash fabric. the colors black are amazing too.its just to awesome to resist. Thank you so much.